2.15.2010

Fresh....

Some people have been asking if I am doing pictures still, so I guess that should be a pretty good motivator to update my blog! I got really busy in the fall and then by the time the Holidays came I just wanted to spend time with my family...so this little blog has been neglected for far too long! I actually have been working and have lots to update!

This post is extremely long.... but I couldn't narrow my photos down. In the summer I started thinking about doing a project photography related that was something I wanted to do, but different from my normal family or children shoots. I decided I really wanted to photograph a labor & delivery and the fresh new baby. Luckily I just happen to have a friend who likes to have a big party in the delivery room, and she was excited to let me photograph baby #4's entrance into the world!!

I unfortunately will be having c-sections from here on out and can only have my husband in the delivery room. I am pretty sure I am going to train him on my camera so I can have pictures like these for our next baby!! I am in love with them!!

DSC_3178bwPK

DSC_3173bwPK

DSC_3223bwPK

DSC_3200bwPK

DSC_3199bwPK

DSC_3203bwPK

DSC_3184bwPK

DSC_3216bwPK

DSC_3226bwPK

DSC_3263bwPK

DSC_3268bwPK

DSC_3276bwPK1

DSC_3282bwPK

DSC_3293bwPK

DSC_3299bwPK

DSC_3306bwPK

DSC_3300bwPK

DSC_3301bwPK

DSC_3326bwPK

DSC_3327bwPK

DSC_3330bwPK

DSC_3331bwPK

DSC_3339bwPK

DSC_3355bwPK

DSC_3360bwPK
DSC_3364bwPK

DSC_3369bwPK

DSC_3370bwPK

DSC_3396bwPK

DSC_3375bwPK

DSC_3378bwPK

DSC_3381bwPK

DSC_3386bwPK

DSC_3387bwPK

DSC_3403bwPK

DSC_3489bwPK

DSC_3474bwPK

DSC_3467bwPK

DSC_3470bwPK

DSC_3419bwPK

DSC_3425bwPK

DSC_3429bwPK

DSC_3433bwPK

DSC_3446bwPK
{me with new baby paityn}
DSC_3495bwPK

DSC_3451bwPK

DSC_3455bwPK

DSC_3458bwPK

DSC_3522bwPK

DSC_3531bwPK

This was my first time being in a delivery room (aside from when I had my boys), and I will have to say it was so awesome to be a part of baby Paityn's birthday. It was such a special experience to be present when a baby fresh from heaven was brought into the world. It truly was a spiritual experience, and I am grateful I was able to not only be there, but photograph the experience so their family can always remember the day baby Paityn was born!

I am considering doing this for others, I realize not everyone is as open about having people in the delivery room as my friend, but because I love these pictures so much and loved the experience I want to offer the opportunity to others. I haven't figured out pricing yet, because I would have to be on call and it is sometimes a long process to get those babies here, but I would like to get some feedback and see if very many people would be interested in this!

9 comments:

  1. SO cute. and tasteful. Good to hear you are still alive in terms of photography ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan these pictures are awesome!! What special memories for them! I too am c-section only but I wish I could have awesome pictures too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEGHAN! These are So beautiful!! I wish you lived closer! We will have our baby in July and I would love for you to take pictures, as this will probably be our last! I would love for you to do some family pics for us after the baby is born....let's try and figure something out. You guys could come stay and swim and we could do some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In love with these...so what are your plans for say April 30thish....they don't happen to include WA do they? :0 Well, if not. We will have to plan something if you are back up here in the summer to get "updated" family pics?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meghan I absolutely love those pictures! I told Nate either he takes them or I'm hiring you. What fun pictures to have. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are the best pictures ever!!!LOVE IT!!! I am glad you are back on posting some pictures, I was one of those wondering if you were still taking pictures!!! good to know you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Everyone! Brynn and Ang... I would love to do pictures for you guys!! And Brynn I didn't use a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fabulous Meg! I love , love, love them! How awesome.
    If I was havin' more kids I'd totally do that. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete